School Uniform Years 7 to 11
The only supplier of some items of uniform is Coes of Ipswich, 20-28 Norwich Road, Ipswich, IP1 2NH, telephone number 01473 256061, email: email@example.com, on-line ordering: https://www.coes.co.uk/pages/schoolwear. Please check the list below for the specified items.
All clothing and property must be clearly named.
CCHSG PTFA runs very successful second hand uniform sales every term. The donated stock of quality uniform is sold at very affordable prices and the proceeds allow the PTFA to fund additional equipment and resources for departments across the school. Sale dates for the year are advertised in the PTFA section of the Weekly Parent Bulletin.
- Blazer is a navy blue fitted jacket with school logo on pocket, only available from Coes.
- Blouses are pale blue and of cotton or polyester/cotton; they are plain, V-necked, revere collar style with long or short sleeves. These are available from Coes or they may be purchased from any appropriate retailer. Years 10 and 11 only may wear a fitted blue blouse with ¾ sleeves available from Coes or may wear the standard blouse.
- Trousers are plain dark navy and of classic, straight leg style. These are available from Coes or they may be purchased from any retailer, but must be of the appropriate style. Fashion styles, for example, low-waisted trousers or tapered legs, are not acceptable.
- Skirts are kilt-style, navy, grey and white tartan and must be of a length that is worn on the knee (ie to at least the middle of the knee). The skirt is only available from Coes.
- Cardigan is navy blue with pale blue stripes at the cuff and only available from Coes. The cardigan is an optional item of uniform.
- Shoes must be leather or leather look, flat heeled in plain black. Fabric or canvas shoes, converse shoes, trainers, sling-back and backless/toeless shoes are not acceptable. Boots or ankle boots are not to be worn in school. If boots are worn on the way to school, a change of shoes must be brought to wear in school.
- Tights should be plain navy, black or natural not Plain white, navy or black ankle socks only may be worn. Bare legs without socks or knee high/over the knee socks are not acceptable.
- Coats and scarves may not be worn in school. A CCHSG school scarf is available from Coes as an optional item of school uniform. Hoodies are not acceptable.
- Overalls are worn for Science and Art. They are dark blue and long-sleeved and must be embroidered with your first name (approximately 5-10cm high) on the left front and left back shoulder. This must be purchased from Coes.From Year 10 a long-sleeved white overall may be worn for Science, which may be purchased from a range of suppliers.
- Hair of shoulder length or longer should be tied back for safety in all practical subjects with navy or black bands or slides. Hair which goes beyond natural colour tones in natural combinations or is extreme in style is not acceptable. Headcoverings worn for religious reasons e.g. headscarf, must be plain navy or black and of a short style.
- Jewellery – no jewellery or badges (except badges connected with school) may be worn with school uniform. Only small gold or silver plain studs may be worn in pierced ears; only one ear stud may be worn in each earlobe. No other piercings including ear stretchers are acceptable. A watch may be worn; iwatches or similar are not permitted. Jewellery which is not permitted must be removed and will be confiscated.
- Make-up, nail varnish or false nails must not be worn with school uniform.
Kit for Physical Education
Advice on specific activities and kit requirements will be given by PE staff directly to students.
Basic PE Kit
Navy blue shorts embroidered with the school logo, only available from Coes
Sky blue polo shirt, only available from Coes
Navy long sleeved top with the school logo, only available from Coes
Plain navy tracksuit bottoms with the school logo – optional cuffed at the ankles – only available from Coes
White short socks
Mainly white trainers (coloured stripe or logo is acceptable) for indoor PE and on netball courts.
Items required for Specific PE Activities
Cross Country/Football/Rugby (Spring term for all years)
Long navy blue football socks with school logo only available from Coes Outdoor trainers (mainly white) or astro boots for outdoor PE activities
A one piece plain black or navy swimsuit (not halter-neck, with white strip is acceptable), swimming cap, towel and flip-flops
Netball/Tennis/ Rounders (Autumn & summer term)
An optional navy skort with the school logo is available from Coes (shorts as above are acceptable) A white, navy or black base layer may be worn under PE kit in colder weather (white only for school team matches)
PE bags and school bags should be of a style suitable for carrying to, from and around the school.
All property is brought into the school at the owners risk and the school cannot be held responsible for theft, loss or damage. Students should use their locker and padlock for storage of possessions during the day.
Parents should be aware that the School’s contents and insurance cover does not extend to students’ property. Parents should include their daughter’s belongings within their domestic insurance policies if required. Please mark all clothes and other property with the owner’s name.