Our library is open before school, throughout the school day and after school.
In the Library you will find:
- Access to the School Network via PCs
- Internet access and printing facilities
- Two friendly Librarians to help you with all your research enquiries
Using the Library:
- Every student has their own library card
- Students can check out up to 10 books for 3 weeks using a self issue computer
- Students can reserve popular titles and make suggestions for new books
Please come in and see Mrs Craig or Mrs Cox for any reading or study requests that you may have.
Accelerated Reader is an online program run by Renaissance Learning www.renlearn.co.uk, that helps teachers and librarians manage and monitor student’s independent reading practice. Students make their own choice of book and read it at their own pace. When finished, students take a short online quiz.
In Year 7 and 8 a competition is run by the Library for the Form Group reading the most books each term. Students can check if the book they are reading is enrolled in the Accelerated Reader Scheme by looking here.