We expect the standard of dress to reflect the Sixth Form students’ positions of responsibility within the school. It should reflect a smart business style and we expect Year 12 and 13 students to set a positive example to the younger students in Years 7-11 who wear a smart uniform.
Our students must wear smart business style standard of dress which consists of:
- A two piece suit
- A tailored skirt and tailored jacket
- Tailored trousers and tailored jacket
- A smart tailored dress with a tailored jacket
- A smart shirt or blouse
- Smart closed-toe shoes or boots (with a low heel for health and safety reasons)
- Fine or opaque non-patterned tights
- Discreet jewellery and make up
- Hair styles and colour should be appropriate for a smart business environment
Skirts and dresses must be of an acceptable length with the minimum of just above the knee. A smart cardigan may be worn under a jacket. Sixth Form ID Cards must be worn at all times.
A CCHSG School Wrap/Scarf is available to purchase from Coes as an optional item.
The following are not acceptable:
- Trainers, canvas, converse or flimsy footwear (including flip flops). No ‘Ugg-style’ boots
- Leggings or jeggings; combat, cargo or chino trousers
- Trousers made of a jean type material, or jean style (i.e. with 5 pockets) of any colour
- Denim and leather are not allowed in any form i.e. jeans, skirts, shirts or jackets
- Skin tight skirts or trousers
- Polo Shirts or T shirts
- Hoodies or sweatshirts
- Clothing considered revealing e.g. transparent fabrics, strappy or low cut tops
- Clothing that exposes the midriffs, underwear or back areas, off the shoulder or cut out shoulders
- Unnatural or unnatural combinations of hair colour or extreme hair colour.
- Lip, nose and tongue piercings: multiple ear piercings: visible tattoos
Outdoor coats and scarves may not be worn in school.
Students not adhering to the dress code will followed up, alternative items provided, or students may be sent home to change. In cases where there is uncertainty, decisions will be at the discretion of the Head of Sixth Form, the Upper School Pastoral Assistant or a member of the Senior Leadership Team.