CCHSG has had a successful and committed PTFA for many years. It is run by an enthusiastic committee of volunteers and aims to raise funds for the benefit of students and also to give students, their families and friends a chance to become more involved in the vibrant and diverse CCHSG school community.
The membership of the organisation includes not only the elected committee members, but all parents, carers and staff. This creates a fantastic foundation for our PTFA and its success.
We organise social and fundraising events throughout the year and on average raise over £20,000 which has been used for funding resources and equipment such as:
- Sets of aprons for use in KS3 Healthy Living classes
- Garden equipment for the Eco Schools Group
- Multimeters and a ranging pole for the Science Department
- Floor microphones, a portable PA system and Roland piano for the Music Department
- Netball jerseys for the school team
- Annual Jack Petchey public speaking workshops delivered by the Speakers Trust, for Year 10
- Text books for the languages department
- £5,000 worth of PE equipment for the new Sports Hall
- Visualisers for classrooms in all subject areas – particularly useful for virtual learning
- Additional benches for outdoor seating due to Covid-19
- Part funded the purchase of a new minibus (a contribution of £16,000 of the £32,00 purchase price).
The PTFA Committee annually organises social events such as family Quiz or Bingo Nights, often accompanied by our famous curries. We also run a Welcome Party for new Year 7 students and their parents at the start of each academic year. Each Christmas the school and local community come together to enjoy our vibrant Christmas Market.
The PTFA welcomes ideas for events and suggestions for fundraising. Your suggestions or enquiries related to the PTFA can be emailed to the Chair of PTFA Mrs Agness O’Brien, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents can find all our news and updates in the PTFA section at the end of the weekly Parent Bulletin.
PTFA OFFICERS and TRUSTEES for 2020/21
Chair : Mrs Agness O’Brien
Vice Chair(s) : Mrs Anni Cullen & Mrs Sushma Manish
Communications: This role is currently being fulfilled by Ms Kate Stubbs, who is employed as Marketing and Communications Manager at CCHSG.
Secretary : Mrs Caroline Westgarth
Treasurer : Mr Rouzbeh Elahi
Recruitment : Mrs Tolu Alalade
PTFA Events : Mrs Comfort Zedomi
Second Hand Uniform : Mrs Udhya S Pandian